13 April 2013

Yet Another Cycle

Around this time last year, I and my boardmates woke up around 11am. Maybe all the stresses of the review and whatnot pushed our physical limits, mental just the same to a long sleep which was just one of the consolations to the epic two days before that.

We had lunch at one of the good short order houses around UST. It was more than food. It was comfort.

Our brains were probably drained. We did nothing but watch American TV series and catch up on the fun that we set aside while reviewing.

Fast forward to a year, I almost don't know now how to start writing. Work eats up a big portion of my time and sanity.

While most of us (batchmates, boardmates) are so digged on our jobs I just realized how long such a year turned out to be. Many things happened. Most, changed my life.

While, modesty aside, I'm lucky enough that my career is going to the path that I wanted it to be, I'm starting to derail from it. I still think that I haven't achieved anything exceptional.

I see my high school classmate narrate events on a news program, she is a reporter for a local TV channel. Another high school classmate works in a popular newspaper and has his own editorial and columns weekly. Another high school classmate flies back and forth because her boss is one of the biggest politicians in our country. Another classmate now manages her own franchise of a popular coffee shop. And who knows? Another high school classmate might be building that big condominum as contracted by a huge chain of malls. Another high school classmate becoming a district counselor. Another high school classmate working in the search engine.

I feel smaller than I am. I'm starting to think that this is not the thing that I really wanted. If I only pursued the things ideal for me...

Well I didn't write this to become a constant remider of my underachievement. This post is the starter. This must fuel me. This year must be my year. I'm gonna be a part of their roster eventually.

Halfway down this post I lost my train of thought. I thought too much. Well, being smart doesn't really bring you there. I know what is common to them. They had the passion for the things they do. They don't see work as work.

As opposed to what I am.

3 comments:

rei said...

You are gonna be fine. You're destined to be someone great :]

Josh said...

hey thanks for being optimistic, Rei! :)

kae said...

When I look back on what I've done in my life so far, a lot of things may be tagged as above average, but nothing stands out as being extraordinary or phenomenal. I have a goal and yet I am yet grappling with the tools needed to achieve that goal.

In your own pace, in your own time, I'm sure you will be nearer to your goal as much as I am.

Hi, Josh. Bloghopping I am.

Kae