28 February 2014

In Three Days

What the lovelife lacks, friendship covers.

Tuesday
LV1V2G spent the last allotment for a group dinner meeting. The original plan was to play bowling in the new lanes at the Mega Fashion Hall where we would chip in additional bucks for the chuck.

Our HR is unbelievable: Such money was supposed to be ours because it is a priviledge, but their dictatorial behavior ordered that we spend it on a restaurant. We (apart from a few rambles) did.
We dined in Yabu. The meal was unexpectedly good. Japanese themed restos nowadays often lack the substance that Yabu provided us. From the brown and glutinous Japanese rice, to the miso soup, to the crisp assorted katsu served, everything fell into a delightful gastronomic encounter. Dining there definitely deserves an encore!
The boss wanted to pass the remaining time of the night for some activity. Frozen was supposed to be it, but seeing that it still costs much, we opted for games. Timezone was an easy resort but the Kinect in WoF became more palatable, and it was an instant hit! Sure, my unstreched muscles were tested there. Blood and sweat (actually, just sweat) poured and the rest was just pure fun.

Wednesday
Boss was not very forgiving to yours truly that morning. The welcome speech in the morning meeting was, "Josh, you still don't have sales for this month." Inside me, the reaction was what the fudge man. He told me to finish my current project but it was just so damn hard.

I know, I'm not really focused in working these past few months but I sure know how to get the flow flowing. With this job, my flow just keeps getting magically rerouted to a harder one despite my greatest efforts. All I wanted was to end the job but I think, that project got a curse in it; people handling it have already resigned or have always had a hard time finsihing the job.
Finishing the job that day yes, the boss gave me an ultimatum, and whether it was a joke or not, I didn't take it which was in itself, impossible, is just unforgiving of him. My requester was relocated to the US and as if 12 time zones didn't matter, still my last results need to be approved until the report is to be submitted. God, my boss is just unbelievable.
I went out without giving him an explanation or whatever. I said I needed to go. Goodbye. #lol
I met up with Erna in Megamall and we took a bus with John Christoper to Cubao where we're to watch the Game 6 of the Philippine Cup. It was my first time to watch a PBA game, watch a championship PBA game, and watch San Mig Coffee (previously Purefoods, a team which was very close to my heart). All three of us, Erna, Rafi and I, were and are PF fans. To watch the championship, and in case you missed it, see the SMC Mixers win over Rain or Shine Elastopainters, was just euphoria. It was worth my time and money and effort.

Yesterday
I served a day off from my many suspensions. I woke up at the same time as I wake up in a weekday. However, it's the first time I know what to do that day since February.

No comments: