16 March 2010

Avatar Movie

From last week's Friday, the bar and coffee (same as last week's) day, I'd like to skip on a talk with my today.

I have been much of a couch potato since Sunday. There were supposed to be a lot of things which could hit my imagination up but I'm just too lazy to work on it! Stretching my muscles wouldn't really do the great job.

Late this afternoon, I started watching Avatar, the film by James Cameron. Movies always do a great deal after bringing up a trustworthy connection, I mean to say, my torrent leeches are always up and going and I've been receiving the best of download speeds so far.

Going back to the movie, it kind of stretched my scientific mind a little bit. It was this whole lot sci-fi with a portion of interracial love story, but man I have to commend the writer/director for the great movie and concept.

I don't know how to put up a praise for him, but the only thing I know is that there is only one living planet and that is Earth, and Cameron wanted the message simple and straight: Save Earth before nature is gone.

The graphics were clean and cool. Pandora looked like more of a super-undiscovered-tropical-rainforest if it were on Earth. The blue-colored natives called Na'vi were also a good part of the story. I admire the way they appreciate their own planet's riches like making a connection to trees and nature and having this belief that all living beings comes from and goes back to nature after serving its lifespan (more of life's purpose).

When I was younger, I remember being so close to nature as my hands appear to like plants. In the story, I found a relatively sanguine bond with the scientist Grace (Sigourney Weaver) who discovered the ways, means, flora, fauna, language, culture of the Na'vis in Pandora. There were a few cuts there which showed the concern her avatar-Na'vi had for the native children in the Omatacaya clan.


What I loved with this movie is the connection it made to me, and it was not hard for the movie maker to make that connection to reach my senses.

The most touching part for me was when the clan shaman tried to merge the injured physical body and the avatar-Na'vi body of Grace at one of their sacred trees but it failed. Grace had one last moment to say, "I'm with her (Eywa, the deity of the Na'vis) Jake."

I wish it has a sequel but I hope the story can maintain the strength and sense.

I can't believe I'm having to face Earth again. Time to do some work. :)

No comments: