28 September 2011

Happy 65th Founding Anniversary

This week, we celebrate University of the East's 65th founding anniversary. There were supposed to be a lot of fun [we actually had a taste of it, Monday] but Pedring spoiled all of it and shut us to our homes yesterday.

The supposed week-long foundation celebration is generally a run from Monday-Thursday because most of the upperclassmen got no classes on a Friday. With this typhoon, that leaves us with two more days of celebration. Well, still not bad.

For this very particular foundation week, this is my second time to celebrate in the Caloocan Campus after I transferred there two summers ago. I remember the first month that I've had at school was filled with dullness and inactivity. Everyone had their own worlds. The Caloocan campus is more like a campus in the province because we are super isolated from the metro, plus the fact that the branch caters to the CAMANAVA, Bulacan and Pampanga areas so technically, the people would have a general effect to the atmosphere.

Three months after, I became used to it: a thing that I never thought would happen. Actually, there was much enjoyment because the group had more bonding and the learning process was a bit different, but challenging.

Getting back to the topic, I've signed up for a number of contests so as to use my time for the week wisely. I joined University Feud, Palig-Science, PalaECEpan, Mobot Race and MoboScoccer. The only trouble though is that each has a registration fee and that leaves me broke. Seriously.

The stuff that excites me are the booths, [most of them the food booths] for since we are a little bit secluded, we only get a chance to experience these on this week. Another is the henna tattoo, I'd like to make a part two of the henna that I acquired last year.

I know that rain means blessings, so its vindication: God bless the university. Happy anniversary, cheers!

10 comments:

charles. said...

Andaming contest na sinalihan! haha. Good luck!
Happy birthday din, UE!!

rei said...

i'd love to have a henna tattoo. i wonder where i'd put it..

where would you put it?

Josh said...

@Charles:
Ganyan talaga pag bibo kid. Haha. Pa-bibo kunwari ako. Taas ng energy! Last sem ko na kasi eh. Susulitin ko na.

@Rei:
I'd put it on my tagiliran, in between the rib and the hips. I don't want my mom to see it. I'd have it only for the fun, not really to show anyone..
If you're gonna have it, I suggest you put it in your arms, or nape, or anywhere clothed could also be fine.

Jewel Delgado said...

Hello! :) was here. new follower of your page. hope you will follow my page too. :)

jewelclicks.blogspot.com

Josh said...

@Jewel:
Thanks for dropping by, I think I've already followed you. :D

Orange Pulps ♥ said...

congrats sa univ nyo :)

dami mo namang sinalihan...asteeeg!

Anonymous said...

naks.. daming contests na sinalihan. Goodluck! :) Tsaka happy 65th Founding Anniversary sa UE. :)

charles. said...

Last sem mo na pala! Congraaaaats! Saan tayo sa graduation? haha

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

happy 65th anniversary UE..

Josh said...

@Orange Pulps:
Haha, oo nga eh, pabibo! Pero ang pinakaastig na sinalihan ko jan ang Mobot Race at MoboSoccer, mga electronic projects kasi.

@Leah:
Haha, sipag-sipagan lang naman po sa pagsali.

@Charles:
Salamat pre. San tayo. Basta walang inuman na magaganap. Game. Hehe

@Arvin:
Salamat sa pagbati pre.


Thanks guys for being one with us in this celebration!