17 July 2013

Street Geek

Early today I forgot to pray (note, Pastor's preaching last Sunday was 'Pray without ceasing') but I let off a positive mantra: God gave me another life, I should be happier than yesterday.

It was over Facebook that I learned of the benefit of having a positive thought first thing in the morning. The FB friend said that it would change my outlook for the rest of the day.

Knowing that over the past weeks (months, really) I've been hating my job more than anything else, I gave it a try.

Well, for a start, I was last on a queue of 60 people for an FX ride to work. I was worrying that I'd be late even if it was just 7:08 in the morning, so I texted my boss about the situation. He didn't reply. Prior to that text, I have asked him several favors for my attendance. My attendance sheet over the past weeks (months, really) didn't really look that good. Last month, I had 7 No Good (NG) lates and 1 OK late. 3 NG lates after 4 NGs means 11 days of suspension which could be divided per payroll. I already served a day of that suspension and I'm telling you, the payslip looked ugly.

This payroll, I have 4 NG lates already. The fifth and sixth ones were OK, and those were the favors that I asked of the GL. So.. I needed to get to work on time because he didn't reply. Thankfully, I arrived at work around 8:00:43 which isn't bad.

At work, everything was smooth except for my eyesight. It was cloudy whenever I view things from two feet and nearer. I believe that together with it, a certain clingy headache affected me. I couldn't work well after lunch break. I told Joem and Tin (left and right staff area mates) that I was not on the mood to measure. I didn't feel really well with that headache and cloudy eyesight. Tin suggested that I have my eyes checked and maybe I needed a street geek eyeglass. Koreans, eh?

Well that was technically it. My productivity was around 47% by rough guesstimate and I need to recuperate to finish by the job's deadline, Friday.

So I need to visit an opthalmologist soon. I guess I'd really have to wear glasses already. I feel sad about that. I've always been proud of my eyesight. Or maybe this thing is just temporary. Like I'd get better tomorrow. I'm actually struggling with this post as I look at my phone. I hope a good 8-hour rest will do the trick. I do hope.

By the way, congrats Red Warriors. That was a nice game. Punong puno ng puso ang laban. Great game too, Ateneo. I know we both are struggling with a rookie team. But we'll get by.

#YouNeverFail
#ThankYouJesus

No comments: